TAM TRAVEL CORPORATION
TAM Travel Corporation is a leading Inbound Tour Operator and Destination Management Company in Costa Rica since 1964. It operates tours and activities throughout the country offering a wide range of options that enhance and enrich vacation experiences for travelers of all ages.
At TAM, we are designers of travel products and logistics experts oriented to groups, special interest, and independent travel; as well as events and incentive travel. Our landmark is based on customized travel planning, the impeccable on-site operations and service innovation.
- Philosopy and Vision
- Procurement Activities
- Social Responsibility
- Affiliations and Certifications
We focus on the promotion of responsible and sustainable tourism in our services to individuals and groups with a professionally trained staff in tourism and business, offering different travel services to domestic and international customers, innovating to meet their most demanding, following the highest standards of quality and advanced technology.
To promote our philosophy and strengthen our leadership as the best Tour Operator of Costa Rica recognized nationally and internationally, oriented to the destination management, assigning the best human and technological resources, and committed to being the best tourism experience for visitors and residents, through factors of excellence in quality, sustainability, service and fair competition.
TAM DMC has built-up strong and long-lasting partnerships of mutual trust with our suppliers who are invaluable partners in our efforts to continually better serve customers, condition that makes it possible to subscribe preferred contracts; thus, improving our capabilities to reserve and offer tours and activities.
To evaluate and select the best suppliers in a fair manner, we apply, among other, the following criteria:
- Assurance of required product quality and safety
- Competitive pricing
- Development capability
- Stable operation infrastructure
- Environmental consciousness
- Liability coverage
Products Quality and Safety
TAM believes we have a duty to collaborate with reliable subcontractors with high safety and quality standards especially when the program includes high risk or dangerous activities. In line with this, we will clarify the quality level of functions and standards that procured parts, materials, and products must fulfil and request suppliers to secure and maintain the required quality.
TAM has been moving forward with a vision to obtain the levels of the Certification in Sustainable Tourism granted by the Costa Rica Tourism Board through adopting environmental consciousness and practices in-house and promoting them among all related parties (suppliers, vendors, and clients).
The company has been serving different wholesalers and retailers in North America, including USA, Canada and Mexico Some years ago, TAM started expanding its promotional efforts to other markets as South America. We have been approaching strategically other markets through direct marketing and PR efforts as well as promotional trips.
The industry and our clients have granted TAM outstanding recognition that adds to TAM’s existing reputation for excellence and encourages us to continuous contributions to an ever-changing business environment.
- MLT Vacations granted TAM Travel the Quality Assurance Award in September 2013, 2014, and 2015. This award recognizes a very select group of hotels, destination management companies and car rental companies for outstanding quality, customer service and product delivery.
- Viator’s 2013, 2014, 2015 – Top Global Experience Award (“Top Rated Status”) was presented to TAM in recognition of consistent high ratings from Viator travelers, via many five-star reviews.
- TAM Travel was honored with the 2007 Spirit of Excellence Premier Partner Award granted by Carlson Marketing Group, one of the leading incentive houses in the world. This achievement gets relevance considering that it is granted each year to only 22 suppliers out of a total of 2450 companies.
- The Costa Rican Association of Professionals in Tourism granted TAM Travel Corporation the “International Promoter Award”, in the frame of EXPOTUR 2006. This is one of the highest tributes to recognize the outstanding contributions from tour operators to the industry in Costa Rica.
- Maritz Travel, of St. Louis, Missouri, awarded TAM Travel “Gold” status for the program periods 2001-2002 and 2002-2003. TAM was one of just three destination management companies in Latin America to receive this top honor.
- The Costa Rica National Tourism Chamber (CANATUR) awarded TAM to National Tourism Excellence in 1996.
- Recognition of 25 years of Service Excellence and Dedication to American Express Card members, Establishments and Travel Related Services, 1966-1991.
ICT – Costa Rica Tourism Board
CANATUR – National Chamber of Tourism
COSTA RICA CONVENTION BUREAU
CATURGUA – Guanacaste Tourism Chamber
GDP – Global DMC Partners
- 1964 – Costa Rica Tourism Board-Travel Agent and Tour Operator: License #122.
- 2014 -The Costa Rican Tourism Board gave TAM Travel Corporation the right to use the country brand Essential COSTA RICA. Costa Rica officially uses this country brand to project its international image before the world and as a tool for positioning, differentiation and competitiveness of Costa Rica to potential investors, tourists and buyers of Costa Rican products.
Among the primary requirements to apply for a license to use the brand are to have the Certification for Sustainable Tourism (CST) and/or valid Tourist Declaratory. The usage of the country brand for companies of the tourism sector is regulated by applying the industry existing certifications (CST) and secured by ICT.
- 2014 – Certification for Sustainable Tourism (CST)-3rd Level given by the Costa Rica Tourism Board in March 2014.
The Costa Rican National Accreditation Commission granted TAM Travel Corporation Level 3 of the CST program.
The CST is a product of the Costa Rican Tourism Board designed to differentiate businesses of the tourism sector in Costa Rica, based on the degree to which they comply with a sustainable model of natural, cultural and social resource management. It consists of a scale of 5 levels of sustainable tourism achievement and is regulated by the Costa Rican National Accreditation Commission.
(506) 2527 9700